Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Wise Co. clothing donations?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wise Co. clothing donations?

    Are there any entities in Wise Co. that accept donations of clothing and household goods?
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise Co. clothing donations?

    There is a place in Ramsey. They look kinda backed up now.
    GO VOLS

  3. #3
    Inactive Member amysuedean's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2007
    Posts
    48
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise Co. clothing donations?

    You can take them to the Salvation Army store in BSG (on hill above McDonalds in the Walamrt Shopping Center). You can get a voucher for deductions on your taxes as well!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise Co. clothing donations?

    I think you are referring to Goodwill in BSG, that's where I take all mine. It's a lot easier to take things to Goodwill and get a tax deduction than to have to deal with a yardsale.

    Hope House in Norton also welcomes donations. If I was guessing, I'd say Elpn6 can probably help us out on some others.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise Co. clothing donations?

    I go to the store in Ramsey (for Hope House).
    No matter how backed up they look they'll take whatever you give them. Some is sold (they have more than the one store), some is used for the women who've found themselves living in the shelter with nothing more than the clothes on their back. These folks also run the second hand store in Pound - they also take donations.

    I dont know how the Goodwill stores are in this area, but I stopped taking mine there when I lived in B'burg. They demanded a dry cleaning receipt for each item before they would accept it. I've not heard anyone from this area say that the BSG one is like that though.

    We've got a list at work, I'll try to remember to check it tomorrow.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise Co. clothing donations?

    Cool So the store in Ramsey is for the hope house? Is it a non profit place?
    GO VOLS

  7. #7
    Inactive Member amysuedean's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2007
    Posts
    48
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise Co. clothing donations?

    YEAH that's it! Brain freeze....Goodwill NOT Salvation Army!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise Co. clothing donations?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MikeJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cool So the store in Ramsey is for the hope house? Is it a non profit place?</div></div>
    I'm fairly certain that's correct. Seems like there's a third store for the group too but I can't recall it at the moment. I will double check it at work tomorrow.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_SuperX's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2004
    Posts
    967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise Co. clothing donations?

    yep, goodwill, salvation army is the place beside the hospital isn't it??

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise Co. clothing donations?

    Beside Lonesome Pine Hospital? that's the National Guard Armory.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •